Thursday, July 5, 2007

Finally-Another Post

Hello all!!! I am still in the land of the living!!! HAHAHA Sorry that a whole 2, oh my, 2 months have passed and I haven't blogged!!! I have to say that blogging just was not high on my list of priorities with finals and the beginning of summer on the horizon. I am back and hope to be more faithful with this blogging enterprise. Well, let's see if we can catch up with what has been happening, ok?

May came and went in a blur of classes, papers to write, Spanish to learn, and BIG speeches to give. My BIG speech was a persuasive speech about drunk driving and it's dangers. It took us 3 weeks to prepare the speech and 2 weeks to have the whole class perform. I have to say that it was a pleasure to finish my speech, have the class ask me questions and make positive comments, and for my instructor to whisper, "Wow! I mean, WOW!!" Comments on my speech from my young classmates included, "Where do I sign up for MADD?", "You really moved me to be sure to have a designated driver" and the best one, "Makes me want to never drink and drive!!" I got a VERY high score and ACED the whole class!!! My Spanish class was harder to earn an A BUT I DID IT!!! As for my Critical Thinking and Writing class, the instructor returned from her operation with the good news that the cancer had been localized and the doctors had gotten all of it!! I wrote my heart out on the last few papers and missed an A by 8 points!!!! My GPA for the semester was 3.6667!!!!! Now I only have 12 units to complete to obtain my Associates of Arts and Science both!!!!!!!!

June came and went in a blur of trips to central and northern California to visit family, my nephew's graduation, and lots of activities at the church. We finished the month with a quick revival with Rev. Jonathan Stringfellow. It was an awesome time of refreshing and seeing new souls added to the kingdom!!

I will brag on my kids in posts to follow because they are EXCEPTIONALLY bright and awesome in my estimation!! Be sure to check out what they have been up to!!!

Glad to be back and hope to be able to keep going faithfully when I go back to school this fall. If I slack, just email me and remind me to freshen up my blog, ok? Thanks for coming by and checking to see if I had finally done anything!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You're back to the land of blogging. I checked faithfully, and harrassed you about not updating. Thanks for the new post. I had just about memorized the last one!

Congratulations on your great GPA! And I must agree with your estimation of your kids - they're great kids.

Love You,
Hugs,
HG

Cheri said...

Sister Mcvay, I am glad you have had a great summer thus far, congrats on your schooling, this is just a quick note about the Song from Dove brothers, *I can Pray* our Youth Director Sis Morey, my very good friend, had the youth group sing for Senior Saints day at church/school and again at our Family Camp, and it was great, they really did an awesome job, thank you for posting it so that I can share it with our church, God Bless, Cheri Bagato Glendale Arizona, cheribagato.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Jana. Good to hear from you. Glad your life is exciting and busy. Keep enjoying your family and your church.

Love you.