Friday, January 5, 2007
I got tagged by Katie, so here are some things you may not know about me. I hope I can do this!
- I am 4th generation Pentecost! Not that this assures my salvation, but what a rich heritage I have! My Paternal Great Grandmother was a preacher way back when! Her husband wasn't in church for a while, but she would walk to church with my Grandmother and Great Aunt. My Grandmother married a young man who played the guitar and was kind of "rough". She was only 16 when they married. My Grandfather became a minister and after almost 51 years together, PawPaw was called home to be with Jesus. I have so many wonderful memories of services in his church. One was quite embarassing: I was sitting on the front row and one of his saints that I befriended was sitting with me. We were passing notes back and forth and my PawPaw stopped preaching and made me bring him the notes! Then, HE READ THEM OUT LOUD!!! I NEVER wrote another note in HIS church! LOL My Dad is not an ordained minister but he has been a Youth Leader and has served in other capacities in his local assembly. He currently is spending a lot of time traveling to different churches to speak to them about the dangers of the internet and to promote a filtered (from the source) DSL. And then there is me, a music director. Four generations later, God's mercies continue to flow into my children who get to claim being 5th generation Pentecost! BTW, the other set of Paternal Great Grandparents also lived for God. As a result of their dedication and commitment to God, I have numerous uncles and cousins who are currently serving the Lord and are ministers!!!!
- Please don't buy me live plants!! I have a HORRIBLE brown thumb! I have tried MANY, MANY times to grow flowers or greenery and EVERY time I kill the poor things!! One time I bought 3 GORGEOUS Hydrangeas. I had them for almost 3 months and I was amazed that we had made it that far. Then, I left for a summer vacation and thought I had asked the person who was caring for our pet, to water the plants. When we got home, all 3 were shriveled up and deader than a door nail!! I was devastated! So now I have fake plants in front of my home! LOL
- I have a bad long term memory! My sister, Jennifer, is like a walking, talking, data base of obsolete memories from our childhood. ME, I barely remember my own name! I definitely don't remember what color socks I wore to a special event! LOL But my sister does! We get into little arguments occasionally when I will incorrectly recall an event from childhood. She insists on making me remember EXACTLY how something happened. I think she needs to just give up, get over it, and let me remember things the WAY I want to!
- I secretly wish that I was a person of color! Namely, a person of African American descent. I LOVE to listen to black people sing! They are sooooo uninhibited in their worship and in the way they use their voices. I tell people that I am black inside and just have white skin because I "sound" like a black person at times! I have had black people tell me that!!! Oh, please Lord, let me get to a place where I am uninhibited in my worship of You!
- Is this almost over? Remember, I have a bad memory, so I can't seem to be able to think of anything else you may not know about me! LOL Oh, ok....here's one. I get stage fright! Even after all these years of playing the piano and singing, I still get SOOOO nervous befor I sing. I have just chalked it up to God' way of keeping me humble and relying on Him because as soon as I start feeling the anointing, my nervousness is gone! The few times I have NOT been nervous, I made it through the song but almost fell apart when I was done. Those times I KNEW I was in God's will and that whatever I was singing was going to bless someone. But when I was done, I would shake like a leaf in a windstorm. Perhaps, that was a delayed reaction to the anointing, who knows?
Well, I made it through this Tag game. I am letting this die here. I will not perpetrate this on another unsuspecting victim. LOL Thanks Katie for giving me a mental exercise this morning. Hopefully it helps me get a better memory??? LOL Thank God that HE knows who I am and is watching my every move and keeping me with His mercy and grace!
Jeremiah 1:5 (The Message)
"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you: A prophet to the nations—that's what I had in mind for you."