Friday, April 13, 2007

A NEW song for you to enJOY

A friend and I ran into each other at the supermarket recently.
She shared a song with me that she had just found.
It is SO powerful!

You can hear it at www.dovebrothersquartet.com and I promise you will love it!
My 10 year old sits at the computer and sings this song over and over and over. I hope she is getting the message!!! I think we will sing it together with my other daughter in the near future.

Talking to my friend yesterday, she told me that she sang the song last week and the Holy Ghost fell and she ended up singing for 45 minutes! The saints were greatly moved by the simple message of this song!! It is called "I Can Pray."

Here it is:
You say, “I’m not able I’m too young or I’m too old.
And I can’t sing or teach and no title do I hold.
Lord, What can I do? For I want to do my part
And I want to help the hurting with all of my heart.”

I can pray until the walls come down
til there’s healing all around
that’s something I can do
I can pray in my secret place
calling on your name
that’s something I can do
I can pray

My family shows no interest, my child is gone so far
Tho’ I try my best to reach them, their hearts just seem so hard
Lord, what can I do to help bring them back to you
For my family’s lost and dying and my words can not get through

Spoken:
You may not be a preacher You may not be a Sunday school teacher
You may not be able to sing But friend there is something that we all can do


You can pray in your secret place
calling on His name
that’s something you can do
You can pray
I can pray
We can pray

I can pray
You can pray
I know you hear us Lord when we pray

We will pray
I will pray
Will You pray?


The Dove Brothers are a great quartet and although Southern Gospel is NOT my favorite music, I have GREATLY enjoyed the songs you can listen to via their website!!!!! May God bless them and bring them into ALL Truth!!

Let's PRAY!!!!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Sister McVay, I have never heard this song from the Dove Brothers, but I gave it to the Youth Choir Director at my church, thank you for sharing, God Bless, Cheri Bagato in Glendale Arizona, I came across your Blog from Sister Allard,

Jana McVay said...

Sister Cheri,
Awesome!!! I hope the Youth Choir is blessed by this song and can be a blessing to the church when they sing it!!! Let me know how it goes!!!

Your sister in Christ,
Jana

Jana Allard said...

I haven't heard the song yet, but the words are great. I am not a huge fan of southern gospel, but they have a lot of songs that can be song contemporary if you just use your imagination to change the feel of the music. Glad you are back on the blogging loop! :)