Saturday, January 1, 2011

Joy To The World - Time To Blog Again

Shock! Gasp! The blogger still lives? It's only been 4 months since her last post!?! Where has she been? And why is she back? LOL

Joy To The World, I have finally "found" time to blog again. Perhaps more accurately put, I have found the "inspiration and want-to" to blog again. The time was always there if I really had wanted to write. Why has it been so long since my last post? To tell the truth, I think I just lost my oomph, my inspiration, my desire, my willingness to write. Life is busy, yes, but not really any busier than it was before. A different format of busy-ness but busy none the less. Nothing HUGE has happened in the last 4 months that compelled me to run to the computer, or much less paper, and write about it. God has been good and merciful towards us. Jessica has recovered from her appendicitis and appendectomy. Marissa continues to create FABULOUS meals for us to enjoy. Justin continues to waste a lot of time in front of the computer and yet still wow us with his knowledge of all things historical or scientific. Mark continues to drive up and down the Cajon Pass just so that his family is taken care of financially.

And myself? I continue to home-school the kids, work for the church in Music Ministry, and now have 20+ piano and voice students that are a joyous way to supplement our income. Teen Challenge is a larger part of my work week as I now work with the Worship Team as well as continuing to work with the choir each week. Nostalgia Singers is a larger part of my week as well as I am now the Director AND accompanist. Oh, and I am working on a CD project, FINALLY, and should have the first song released on iTunes real soon. I am working with Norris Evans of Fire Crew Productions and Doug Wayne of Genesis Music and God's Talent Inc. Both of these gentlemen are incredibly talented and their arrangements of my songs make me want to weep with joy! All the songs are original songs written under the inspiration of God. We are recording the album at a new recording company, High Tower Records. There are very talented people in the "camp" who are or will be working with me on this project.

My plans for 2011? I don't want to call them resolutions per se but I am resolute in my passion to fulfill them. My plan: To be a Christian in everything I do and say...especially OUTSIDE the church. To strive to be like Christ in every reaction to life; to love unconditionally, to be forgiving, to reach for those who are hurting, to simply be Christian.

How am I going to do this?

*Prayer, daily, continually, with fervor.
*Reading the Word, often, and with an open heart and spirit for direction.
*Following the directions for a Christian life without hesitation or question.
*Accepting the challenges found in life and learning life lessons the first time I go through it.
*Heeding His call through the scriptures and being willing to go where He leads.
*Reaching out to others through conversations, music, witnessing, and encouraging them to know God in a deeper and more profound way.

In recent days my girls have been drawn deeper into prayer and consecration. This has been an answer to prayer for my hubby and me! Both of the girls felt "sad" and a "heavy"  feeling and they spent over an hour in prayer, possibly intercessory, when they responded to that feeling. I look forward to watching their prayer lives develop even deeper and more powerful in the coming year. In fact, I look forward to everything this new year will bring!!

Happy New Year to my friends and family who take a moment to check out my blog from time to time! Love you all!

No comments: