Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pro golfer Tripp Isenhour faces charges for killing hawk

This is the title that greeted me tonight as I signed onto Yahoo! When I read the article, I was saddened by the loss of such an awesome creature and for Mr. Isenhour for the hulabaloo that surrounds this incident. But when I got to the end of the article, I was shocked to read the following:
____________________________________________________________

“Americans have no tolerance for cruelty to animals. Such a petty, mean spirited act against a wild bird is inexcusable and prosecutors are right to hold Isenhour accountable to the law,” Humane Society executive vice president Michael Markarian said in a statement released Thursday. (article written by TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer for Yahoo! Sports)
Read the article here: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-golfer-birdkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns
____________________________________________________________

Now, I love to watch these majestic birds fly overhead and see many of them in the area where I live. However, Americans have no tolerance for cruelty to animals, but have no qualms about killing an unborn child? Such a petty act as abortion, which I find quite selfish, doesn't seem to faze the general public. Yes, there are people who do not agree with me and I am sure I will receive comments to this post but I find it sad that we can kill babies with little outrage, yet a wild hawk brings on the lawyers and fines. I definitely feel Mr. Isenhour should pay for killing the animal but I think all those who carelessly create a child and then throw it away through abortion should too! Where is the Humane Society for Cruelty to Unborn Children?

1 comment:

Lozano Family said...

How sad - Hawks are quite interesting birds, and what a way for one to die..........And even more devastating - the fact that our society cares more for birds, fish, bugs even, than they do for the precious lives of unborn children. I couldn't be more with you on this issue.

I've enjoyed your blog - thanks for visiting mine. I seem to have a little more time to do this since the baby has been born - it is one of the few things I can semi-do while feeding him! Which happens to be all of the time :)

Thresa