Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Shopping Joys?

Alas, I am SO behind in my preparations for Christmas! Normally, I am 75% or more done by now with my shopping. The only thing I can think of as to why I am so far behind is working AND going to school this semester. I honestly have no idea WHEN I will get to finish my shopping since I work 5 days a week and there are SO MANY parties, performances with Nostalgia Singers, and practices for plays (recording sound tracks this Saturday) that my every waking moment is filled with work, homework or the aforementioned activities! WAAAAHHHH!!!!

Well, I will figure out something I am sure!

Hope your season is going better and less rushed than the McVay's! I know I have GOT to slow down and celebrate the REAL reason for the season. Without HIM, it wouldn't be CHRISTmas anyhow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say - welcome to the real world! I think that being 75% done with your shopping by now is abnormal. This is real life - trying to balance God, church, family, and work. It's definitely not easy. This is why stores stay open LATE this time of year - for people like you and me, trying to do it all.

If it makes you feel any better, I've purchased ONE Christmas present. As a matter of fact, haven't even composed my shopping list yet. And, it's OK. Hey - there's still 19 days to go! That's almost 3 whole weeks! PLENTY of time.

Hang in there, my friend. It will all get done, and it will be wonderful!

I love you,
HG

Unknown said...

Good morning, Jana.

I'm feeling bossy today, so here goes: Don't be too busy. Remember your priorities should be: God, family, church--in that order. Your children won't be with you too much longer, and you can't get back these days.

Just a friendly little observation from someone who loves you.

Jana McVay said...

Ladies,
I have no idea why but your comments never came to my email to let me know they were here and they JUST showed up in my moderation area today! HMMMMM....

Thank you for your comments and encouragements. I know life has a way of getting in the way of God, family, etc. I have bought a few more gifts but I am not stressing like I was. I will finish this next week when we head up North to visit with family. I am leaning towards gift cards and certificates!! Less to cram into the trunk area of our car!!

I have even taken a few nights and just relaxed with my kids and hubby!!

Jana