Saturday, April 21, 2007

Friends and Food Joys

There is nothing like getting together with likeminded ladies and fellowshipping while enjoying a meal. Today, my english instructor did not show and so my class and I left. I was overJOYed!! I finally had a day to try and invite someone over for lunch.

So I got on the phone and invited several friends. Marissa and I made homemade potato cheese soup. It was YUMMY!!! Everyone had a second bowl (they were small) and we had a very nice relaxing visit. Katie was not able to make it but Maureen, with her onboard twins baking, Sarah and little Miss Natalya, and Tiffany came to fellowship. For a scrumptious desert, Marissa quickly baked some banana bread!!. I wish I had a picture to share but alas, I was too busy visiting and cooking to think of a camera.

Now, I have a confession: I have been wanting to do a luncheon for a while but I always talked myself out of it because my home isn't big and fancy!! However, last Friday night at Ladies' Fellowship, Sis. Linda Jones spoke about being a good hostess and one of the things she covered was waiting to invite people until everything is perfect and how that will NEVER happen!!! She said to get organized and step out and GO FOR IT!!! SOOOOO, today I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Congrats on stepping out and doing it! Sounds like you had a great time! The soap sounds really good - - right now!!!

Jana McVay said...

I have a small bowl of soup left over and you are welcome to come down and enjoy it. LOL I have to say I don't know about eating it at 1:4o AM though!! I thought I stayed up late but you win!! HAHAHA Thanks for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jana. I'm hurt. You didn't invite me. :(

Love you so much.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Jana McVay said...

Sis. Buxton, I would have loved to invite you but since it was nine AM when I realized I was FREE, I knew you wouldn't quite make it from Havasu by noon! Next time, ok?

I love you too!!!

Jana

Jana Allard said...

Girl - I really don't keep hours quite that late, but we had went to a youth rally about an hour away. By the time church was over, we went out to eat, we didn't get home until after 1 a.m. Then, our kids wer at the church this morning for a mega march fundraiser and I just got home from a drama we had at the church tonight. I will be dragging for Sunday School in the morning! Pray my strength in the Lord. LOL