Friday, April 27, 2007

Bible Study Joy!!!!!!

I gave my first solo Bible study on Tuesday morning of this week!!!!!!!!!! Through a survey that we, Inland Lighthouse Church, have been doing on Saturday outreach, we contacted a lady named Lillian. She was interested in a Bible study. So, I was asked if I could teach it. I wanted to say no, not because I am ashamed of my God but because I have never done this alone!!! I don't feel qualified to "instruct" someone about the Bible, primarily because I honestly have not studied it enough!!! But the Bible study coordinator prevailed and I scheduled the study.

Tuesday morning Marissa and I drove to Lytle Creek and met Lillian and her daughter, Kathleen. We had a nice time studying the Word and they even want me to come again next week!!!

Please pray that I find time to immerse myself MORE in the Word and that I can study to show myself approved!! I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!! I didn't fumble and stutter but we were studying about something I have been learning about since my first toddler class, the creation and the first man's sin. :)

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

Have you ever considered the More To Life Bible studies that are designed for women? They are so easy because you really don't teach. Everyone reads certain scriptures together and then questions are posed. It causes everyone to "think" and before you know it, the person who you want to convert receives revelation. I love to use this Bible study with "so-called" Christians.

P.S. I like having a choice of whether I hear music or not on your blog. Positive change for me. :)