Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Banana Nut JOY




Oh, the aroma that is wafting through my home! Sweet, yummy smells! Marissa is a 12 year old Patissier extraordinaire! She loves to bake and cook and we LOVE to eat whatever she makes!

Today, she is making Banana Nut Bread and I can't wait for the finished product!!!!! It is amazing watching her as she reasons out how to measure the ingredients, what size bowl she should use, and think that this is my child who struggles with self esteem! She is so sure of herself as she creates her masterpieces and yet, take her out of the kitchen and she starts questioning her ability to do anything. The scripture that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is a mantra in her life! I pray that she will see begin to realize that everyone has different abilities and learn to find JOY in who God made HER to be!

Here she is baking her masterpiece dessert and a picture of the finished product. Sorry, but by the time you read this, there won't be any left to share! :)

Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Isaiah 4:2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the
womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and
thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

6 comments:

Jana Allard said...

What happened to the picture? We all wanted to see and drool. :)

Katie Booker said...

Wow...that looks yummy Riss! =)

Jana Allard said...

The pictures weren't up the first time I saw this blog. Oh my gracious! I think I could eat the whole plate!!!!! In fact, I am sure I was smelling it - do smells come through the computer?!?!? LOL

Jana McVay said...

HAHAHAHA
It smelled delicious and Oh, My! it was Sooooo yummy!! I think you were right about the smell coming through the computer, because I KNOW I can smell it when I look at the pictures!! LOL

cMc said...

I don't normally like banana nut, but with your vivid descriptions and some high-res pix, I think I would love hers! YUMMMMM... :D

Katie Booker said...

I am special....I got to TASTE that bread and WOW..it was yummy...Just needed a cup of milk. Good job Riss