Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Joy

Justin, 8, with one of his gifts. I guess he loved it soo much that he snuggled with it as he slept! My beautiful girls, Jessi, 10, and Rissa, 12, actually getting along for a few moments while stuck in the car AGAIN!!


We survived the Christmas rush of present shopping, traveling, and family! My kids enjoyed their many gifts from Nana and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa, Mommy and Daddy and all their aunts and uncles. The presents were nice but the real JOY of Christmas was being able to visit with family and attending service with them on Christmas Eve. I have to confess that I did struggle at times to find JOY during our hours of travel and trying to please all our family with our presence (not presents!) It is hard to live so far away and try to fit visits with everyone in 3 different towns, 100's of miles apart, in 5 days!!!! But I did find JOY in just relaxing with my mom and dad late at night when the kids were asleep and we could have "ADULT" conversation! It was awesome just being with them, no pressure to go shopping, to go out to eat. It was just family time!!! And even though we didn't get to spend much time with my in-laws, it was nice knowing that my kids were getting much needed grandparent time!!! I am determined that they will get more of that this next year!!!!!





But now that the rush of Christmas is passed, I am looking forward to a couple of days with just my kids and hubby!!!! We are planning on just lazing around and putting puzzles together, playing board games (Beat the Parents), making cookies, taking naps, maybe go to the snow and then church on Sunday! That's TRUE JOY!!!!





May God bless your family with JOY this year!!!

2 comments:

Katie Booker said...

Wow..sounds like you had one busy holiday! I also was traveling, but once I got to Fresno I STOPPED for 5 days. It was WONDERFUL!!! I really do enjoy the holidays but it will be nice to get back to the daily grind.
Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Jana, I'm delighted to find your blog and to hear of your family and your holiday.

Blessings and joy, always.

shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com